The Green Contract with the Consumer
1. Contract with Consumer
- Include type of certification sought and appendix with all requirements.
- Have consumer initial all pages and sign off.
- Do not promise what you can’t deliver.
- Installation is on builder but can have indemnity agreement with subcontractor.
- Failure to install properly can invalidate manufacturer’s warranties.
- Designate who is responsible for rebates
- Can always provide a warranty for your workmanship.
- Include suggested guidelines for performance, but do not guarantee performance.
- Spell out homeowner’s responsibilities to ensure performance.
- Include change orders for a greater than ten percent increase in the cost of materials.
- Include the right to substitute like materials if a given item is no longer available.